Tuesday 18 September 2012

Universal Studios Singapore !


One of Singapore's most famous attraction, well.. one of the world's famous theme park is Universal Studios Singapore! The theme park is located on Sentosa Island in Resorts World Sentosa.


We lined up extra early and was one of the first group of people to enter the theme park. We ate breakfast early at around 8-9ish and the park opened at 10am. Whilst everyone was waiting for the theme park to be opened, we were greeted by Po from Kungfu Panda. People stood around to take photos with him.


As soon as we got in, the first area of the theme park we visited was The Hollywood section. It was sooo surreal as the buildings and the road made us feel like we were in a different world


After that, we headed towards the sci-fi city. When I met up with a friend in Singapore, I was told they added a new Transformers ride. I got to admit, this was one of the best rides in the theme park. The waiting line was sort of really long and waiting time was about 20-40ish minutes but it was worth it. The ride was named TRANSFORMERS The Ride: The Ultimate 3D Battle. We were given 3D glasses to put on for the ride. Anyways, as we were waiting inside, there were so many cool things displayed.



There was also a theme for Madagascar. Each ride shows u how long the waiting time is.. Some can be as ridiculously long as 50 minutes. Mind you! the park operates from 10am - 7pm.. Imagine all the time wasted on waiting for rides!!


For the little princesses and fairytale lovers, the park also has something catered for fairy-tale fans. Far Far Away land presents you a shrek-themed adventure.


Theme parks can be sooo well-decorated as if it is soo surreal. There was an Ancient Eygpt theme area and it just takes your breath away!! There was a ride I really wanted to go on.. BUT! while i was lining up for the ridiculously long line.. I felt the urge to go toilet so I went all the way back to the entrance.. and then I wasn't allowed to go back in to look for my family..So dissapointing... I felt dissapointed in how the person who handled the situation to not let me go to the express lane to look for my family.. I felt as if he thought I was lying to him just to go to the more expensive access. Nevertheless, I guess it was his job anyway. 



Other than just rides, there are also shows for us to watch. They are so well played to the fact its like you are watching it on television.. HAHA. The actors were soo talented and enthusiastic and really made a wonderful show for the audience to watch. They interacted with the audience by making us laugh and surprised us by squirting water at us. Luckily I didnt get aimed at!! The show was full of action and even fire which made it really suspenseful. 


There were so many rides to go on and shows to watch. Each ride/show is catered differently. I remember even waiting 1.5 - 2 hours for one ride because it continued to delay due some technical problem. Although the entry worker spoilt my day, the overall experience was still great.  

For more information, visit Resorts World





No comments:

Post a Comment